Saturday, October 2, 2010

Speaking of apples....

Its fall. So everything having to do with apples and tasting like fall i'm totally down for. Last year my cousin and I discovered a fabulous new drink (adult drink) while drinking apple cider. We wanted to spice the night up so we tried to think of what we could add to our already delicious cider.The ingredient? Spiced Rum! Wow! Just putting a shot in a glass of our cider made it amazing. It turned our good tasting juice into an amazing caramel apple sucker tasting delight. My boyfriend and I recreated it last night and it was just as good as I remember. Seriously the two pair so well together. It is even delicious warmed up in the microwave. Really makes you feel festive and cozy all at the same time.

Here is the recipe:
8 oz. Apple Cider
I shot of Spiced Rum

You can use any spiced rum you can get your hands on. We used Captain Morgan's and boy was it ever tasty.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment