Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Pumpkin Mufins


 Don't you just love pumpkin? I do. I think my all time favorite would have to be pumpkin pie. Just because it reminds me of holidays, happiness, and the smooth texture of the filling is irresistible. This year I branched out and tried to make a few dishes that weren't pies. The Penne -Wise Pumpkin Pasta was definitely my new fall favorite. But some how I always seem to come back to some sort of dessert-y item. This time, muffins. And not just any muffins, but muffins so good for you they can be ate for breakfast! I got the recipe from Ellie Krieger's cook book "The Food You Crave". (but it can also be found here) And let me tell you, one bite of these and you will be craving them time and time again. This was the first time I have cooked with molasses and will continue to look for recipes featuring this ingredient. I find it to be just a healthier alternative to sugar. I do hope you get a chance to make these at least once during the fall/winter months. Happy Eatings!

                                                                 {You've got your dry.}

                                                               {You've got your wet.}

                                          {Mix them together and put them in the cupcake pan.}

                                                                        {And voila!}

2 comments: