Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Oh the Joys of Owning Your Own Business

The holidays seem to be sucking up all y free time, which means other things that would normally get accomplished, like posting on my blog, seem to get thrown to the way side. But, I will persist. This is one place where I can focus and get a little organized so as much as all the things that need to get done keep tugging at me I'm making up my mind to squeeze this in. Last week while on holiday a customer of mine sent me an email saying she had not received her hat she ordered from me. This was a little stressing since I was 2,000 miles away from home. Also, two wonderful people placed orders before I could put my shop on vacation mode leaving me scrambling to get them what they ordered before I left for my trip. As much as I love to crochet I can't say I love taking work with me on vacation. But all things turned out for the better. I was able to get two hats done and shipped from Las Vegas with ease. My hotel had its own post office to send packages through. What a God send considering I would have been wandering around the strip aimlessly looking for USPS building. my boyfriend was a good sport though and didn't put up much of a fuss. I am in no way complaining about these two orders because I am grateful for each and every one of my customers, without them I wouldn't exist. But it was definitely a learning experience. After the holidays I am looking forward to updating my shop with new products that I have been waiting for forever to start working on. It always seems like there's something else to work on so I never get to them, but this time, after the new year, I WILL get them done. They are all I can think about and can't wait to share them with everyone. They will mostly be focused on home goods but a few new scarves wouldn't hurt either:) I have been doing lots of brainstorming and keeping many pictures in mind. Inspiration is key!



No comments:

Post a Comment