Monday, December 27, 2010

Beef and Pumpkin Stew



Christmas has come and now it is gone. I loved spending time with family and having my parents house filled to the brim with relatives. Another favorite thing of mine that holidays bring is all the food that seems to come along with it. No question Christmas is no time to skimp on food. But what about the day after Christmas? And teh day after that? With all the festive holiday baking it seems like the only thing left in the fridge is leftovers, and not very appealing, some what picked at, left overs. Here is a recipe to bring you out of that left over rut and spice up the rest of week until New Years and all the food that brings with it. I made this a few weeks ago and it simply has everything you need in a stew. Hearty, filling, and delicious. I substituted butternut squash for the pumpkin becuase I could not find cubed pumpkin anywhere. (And I don't exactly have the muscles to cube a pumpkin by myself). It turned out just as good and has definitely become a winter time favorite.




No comments:

Post a Comment