Monday, September 12, 2011

Flowered Ivy



The signs of fall are all around. School is in full swing, leaves are just starting to get a touch of red and gold and stores are starting to carry Halloween and Christmas decorations. As much I love and look forward to all of these I have recently found another sign of fall that is going to be added to my list of things to look forward to. I had no  idea that ivy could sprout flowers. I always assumed it was just a weed/plant that just grew and clung to anything it could get its vines on. Although pretty in and of it self, when I saw ivy growing in our back yard and seen flowers in places I didn't know they could be, I was immediately giddy. Not only are the flowers sweet and simple but they come in two different colors! Pink and blue on the same ivy plant. Oh man this made my day. Since this is the first time I had ever seen anything like this I grabbed my camera and snapped away.Maybe these flowers come out all year and I am just now seeing them but since they came out only a week or so ago I'm assuming they only happen at the start of fall and sticking to it. I hope you get the chance to see this awesome natural wonder and get as giddy as I did.






No comments:

Post a Comment