Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Socks

First pair


For the past three months I have been learning the new craft of making socks. Within that time frame I have managed to complete two pairs and am half way done with the third. I stocked up on lots of yarn when it was on sale so I have more than enough to keep me busy for at least the next two months and to keep my feet toasty warm during the winter. The first pair was definitely a learning experience, which probably added to the fact why I have been working on them for so long. It might not be the prettiest of them all but I did learn a lot from that first pair. Sock yarn is very fine, a 1 if I'm not mistaken, and even the most experienced need to take their time when working with it. Hopefully, after I finish with these that I have, I can make some cute stockings in a lilac or  lavender color with a lacy pattern.

Second pair

No comments:

Post a Comment